Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Things A'Commin!



I've been absent from the blog for a few months now. I'm sorry for that. It was mainly due to two factors: 1) My internet never working, and 2) Lack of interest and time. These two things are changing though. I finally have internet that has consistently worked for two months now. I've also done some thoughtful thinking about my blog.

I actually love blogging, but I'm a bit of a spontaneous person. I don't plan, and if I'm not feeling it, I just don't do it. I've decided that planning my posts would help me stay organized, on task, and budget my time soooo much better! Planning means a win for me and a win for you.

Realization: I'm not just a quilter, but a crafter as well. I think I got bored with my blog due to the fact that I have other interests that involve making things that aren't just quilts (although most of it does involve sewing!).     I collect Blythe and Tangkou dolls and make clothes for them, I made tea bags the other day from coffee filter paper, my dad and I are making honeycomb shelves for my walls, I'm about to take on a huge list of apartment goals which involve organizing my sewing area, etc. While I want my blog to still be sewing/quilting heavy, I also have to be true to myself and involve my other interests as well. Hopefully you'll enjoy these too!

I also want to focus more on tutorials that I try out. Tutorial Tuesday will definitely still be around! Almost everything I make is inspired by a tutorial. I'm creative, I just don't always have the know-how. I usually follow the tutorials, but often add my own twist to them. Some that will be coming up soon include: -Pixelated heart wall hanging -Nook case using my favorite block, Scrappy Japanese x & + -Homemade tea bags -Many more that I'm planning! If there is a tutorial you want me to try, let me know!

I also don't want to constantly show a quilt/project that I'm working on in several posts. This is boring for you, and boring for me. If it is a larger project, then sure there might be a few posts, but they won't be back to back.

I'm also changing the blog title....  I haven't quite decided on what it will be yet, but you'll find out soon!

Well, I'm off to plan some more! Hopefully I'll have the blog up and running again in about two weeks! If you want to see what I've been up to, find me on Instagram @alierina  Be warned... there are a ton of pictures of my dolls!

Alie

No comments:

Post a Comment