Friday, May 17, 2013

WIP: Chevron Quilt


Recently over at Blue Elephant Stitches, Jolene posted about some charm packs that she put together. Well... I fell in love with one of them! This one pictured above! I'm definitely a cool palette girl, but I like pops of warmer colors. Let's just say this bundle calls to my color palette soul. I ordered it up from her Etsy shop (she still has a few more charm packs of all different fabrics available), and it came in the other day. Here are a few more pictures.

Jolene's pretty packaging.


Do you see the mushroom print!!? Too whimsical!


A better idea of what I'm working with.


What am I making you ask? Well I am making a chevron quilt! And this one is for me! No exceptions. I think I'll back it in minky too. Sounds so dreamy right now....................... Oh. Ooops... I was...uh... dreaming about my quilt. Anyways, I've been sewing up HST's like a mad woman. I went with low volume tone-on-tone prints to be the negative space of my quilt. The color is off just a bit in the next pictures of my HST's. It's super cloudy today so lighting is bad :/





Don't forget to enter into the Sew Me A Song Giveaway! It closes tonight (Friday May 17th) at 11:59 pm.

1 comment:

  1. My heart skipped a beat when I saw these photos! This is so special to see someone actually using some of these fabrics that I bundled up. Usually I send them off and never hear or see anything more of them. It just makes my day to see you having fun with them. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete