Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Pinning" For Friday: Fire Drill



"Pinning" For Friday is a weekly segment I will be posting every Thursday. What? Yes. Thursday. It's a pun on "Pining" for Friday. Huh... huh... Get it? I will feature a pin from one of my Pinterest boards and the clicking journey it leads me on!

This week I re-fell in love with the above pin. I love the colors and the layout of the quilt. Actually, this pin is what inspired the "Pinning For Friday" segment. I wanted to know what it was called, who made it, what it was inspired by, where I could find the pattern, what fabric was used, etc. Let's begin!!

These images are not my own and belong to: Timeless Treasures, Pinterest, Flickr,
Erica Jackman, ginapina, Erica Chapman, and C&T Publishing.


1) My pin.
2) Flickr post of the picture. What I learned here: Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilting made this quilt.
3) Blogged on her website. The pattern is called "Fire Drill" created by Elizabeth Hartman found in her 2nd book. What is her second book!?
4) ...side note... The fabric used is Habitat by Jay McCarroll.
5) Search for "Fire Drill Quilt"
6) Lead to this blog post, by the Erica Chapman. Here I found out her second book is called Modern Patchwork: 12 Quilts to Take You Beyond the Basics.
7) Book found here! Which I will be ordering soon! I also found out I already own one of her books: Practical Guide to Patchwork which I love!

I hope that you enjoyed this journey, and that it will lead you to check out some of your pins a bit more carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment